AMANDA LEVEILLE, MARIE-JO PELLETIER AND BROOKE WOLEJKO NAMED NWHL FANS’ THREE STARS OF THE SEASON
Amanda Leveille of the Minnesota Whitecaps, Marie-Jo Pelletier of the Buffalo Beauts, and Brooke Wolejko of the Connecticut Whale have been selected as the Fans’ Three Stars of the 2019-20 season.
More than 5,000 fans participated in the fourth annual polling for the award, which took place over the previous five days. Here are just a few highlights of each player’s season:
- The All-Star set NWHL single-season records by making 677 saves and making 23 starts (1353:56 minutes).
- Finished second in the league in save percentage (.935), goals against average (2.08) and wins (16).
- Became the NWHL's all-time leader in wins (43) and is now tied as the all-time leader in shutouts (5).
- Named the NWHL Player of the Month for January 2020.
- The All-Star set the Beauts team record for points in a season by a defender (21, on 6 goals and 15 assists).
- Set an NWHL single-season with 12 points (3 goals, 9 assists) on the power play.
- Finished second among defenders in goals (6) and finished second on the Beauts in scoring with 21 points in 24 games.
- Just one of three defenders in NWHL history to record at least 20 points in a season, and is the first rookie to achieve that feat.
- Made at least 45 saves in five games this season.
- Finished fourth among NWHL goaltenders in save percentage (.914).
- Set Whale team record by making 458 saves.
- Earned both of the Whale's wins this season, and averaged a league-best 38.55 saves per-60 minutes.
Photo Credit: Kate Frese, Mike Hetzel